The Alpine teams start their trip to Paris in the Alps. It offers three days with plenty of elevation over some of the most amazing mountains. Afterwards, the teams drive out of the Alps to continue the trip to Paris. The alpine teams will arrive simultaneously with the other Team Rynkeby teams from all around Europe.
Most of the training sessions and meetings do NOT take place physically. Training often takes place in smaller groups or alone, and team meetings will either be local or digital.
Participation on an alpine team is related to higher costs as there will be extra travel costs for events and the starting point for the trip to Paris.
On the Alpine teams, it is a criterion that you have experience riding a racing bike and are in good shape, which means this is not a team for beginners.
The Alpine teams are accessible to everyone, which means a lot of the communication will be in English, as it is likely to become international teams. It is, therefore, necessary that you can communicate in English.
HOW TO APPLY
- Application deadline - You must register your application before September 1, 2022. We will get back to you with a reply no later than September 7, 2022.
- The Alpine teams ride to Paris at the same time as the other teams, 8 - 15 July 2023
- You can apply as a rider or a service person.
- There will be a limited number of spots on the Alpine teams. You, therefore, need to write in your application if you want to be considered for a classic team if you do not get accepted.
- The price for participating as a rider on an alpine team is DKK 21.854 (2.931 EUR) (incl. Bicycle, bicycle clothing, hotels, and catering). In addition, there will be expenses towards plane tickets from Denmark to Geneva as well as bus transfer to Bourg d'Oisans near Alpe d'Huez. The price does not include transport home from Paris.
- The price for participating as a service person, is DKK 4,100 (559 EUR) (incl. hotels and catering).